Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Operation Apocalypse - 2nd April - BOW Report!

2nd April, 10:27 a.m.
The world falls silent…

The earth is scorched and dry. The wind is strong and punishes us the best it can. A sand storm in the middle of Europe… I would never believe it if I wasn’t in the middle of it. This used to be such a beautiful place…

The wind is getting stronger. We know the enemy base is near. But we can’t see it… This is bad. Really bad. But they can’t see us either. And that’s good. That’s enough for my team. The U.T.T. Black Ops!!!

We were ordered to go first, before the main attack force of the U.T.T., so we could recon the enemy base and relay all the field intelligence back, so they would know where to strike.  This fucking sand storm has been up for two months. None of the remaining satellites can spot the enemy base. It’s up to us. And we were only three…

We’ve started 2Klics of the estimated location of the base. We would soon find out we were actually 8klics away… It was a long walk, sometimes with almost zero visibility. The third day we covered only 4klics… this wasn’t good. I had to start using two scouts at the same time, just to go a little faster and avoid the rough terrain before we get there. We were divided but it was necessary. It was dangerous but despite the delay everything was going fine. One enemy patrol here and there, but easily avoided. It was hard for us to spot them but it was the same for them.
But then, something happened. On the second day, only 2klics away in the middle of a valley, one of my scouts missed his first radio check. Minutes later, the second scout did the same. I was alone holding my radio. Only static. Only silence. Something had gone terribly wrong. This isn’t supposed to happen.  My team is better prepared than this. I ducked and waited. Whatever got my men was coming for me now.

I could only hear the wind and the sand. I had some visibility, but not further then 20 meters. Nothing happened for half an hour. “What the fuck is going on?!” I thought. I called my team on the radio one last time. I knew there would be no reply, but I was getting desperate. This wasn’t a one man mission. I had to take pictures, relay the intel back to base, clear any isolated bunkers the enemy might have and that might get in the way of the main U.T.T. and get back alive to the rendezvous before the main attack… “I’m fucked…

I stood up, looked around, and after assessing that there were no one out there, I ran. I had to get out of that Death Valley. I needed to complete the mission. Team or no team. It had to be done. I ran as fast as I possibly could. Suddenly I started hearing footsteps on my right flank. Soon after, more footsteps on my left flank. I couldn’t see them, but I knew they were there. I decided to make a bold move. Or stupid move, depending on the outcome. I threw a grenade to my left and threw myself to the ground, while soothing to my right. It was all or nothing! Turned out it was nothing… 5 seconds later I had one machine gun barrel pointed to my face… I was shocked.  How the fuck can he move so fast?!” the second guy showed up right after, blood dripping from his left arm. “At least I did some damage…”  But it was probably too late…

Kill me!!” I said.

Finnish it!”

My team is gone and I’ll meet them gladly in the afterlife!! But know this won’t be the end. My brothers will avenge me and my team! The U.T.T will get you! No matter how fast you run… how far you hide…

But they didn’t kill me… They started talking in Russian!! Arguing with each other… But they didn’t kill me. Weird black combat suits they were wearing… Like… Special suits or something… Still… They didn’t kill me…

They lowered their guns, and helped me stand up. I was, to say the least, really confused. One of them introduced himself.

Hy! I’m Vlad! This is my comrade Stan! We are Special Spetsnaz Team. Here to eliminate enemy base. We were 5 but first incursion on base was disaster…

What the FUCKKK!!!! Five to take out the entire enemy base?! Are you MAD?!?!?!

We Special Spetsnaz Team equipped with latest bio-armor. More speed. More strength. More agility. We only needed infiltrate base and plant explosives and chemical bomb! In and out operation! Should be no trouble… But enemy spotted us when we were going to second level!! They came hard on us… They were just too many…

You got inside the base??? Fuck me!!!

Da! Da! But now they know… and we only 2… We know about you. You U.T.T. You good guys!”

Fuck you!! You killed my team!!! You fuckers!!

Niet!!! We were following you for the last km… We tried to save your team. But they were pinned by enemy sniper… we were… too late…

Why should I believe you??

You still alive, not?

I had no idea if they were telling the truth. But I had no choice. If they really wanted me dead… Why were we having this conversation? I had no chance. Not with those special suits they were wearing… 
We decided to team up. I had a mission to do and their mission… Well… they fucked up their mission. They had the speed, the strength and agility… But no brains! I could do magic with suits like theirs.
I only needed to make two more things clear. I’m in charge! And I’m not U.T.T. I’m U.T.T. Black Ops!!!

We were able to cover more ground now. They had special goggles with special vision… latest tech! All I know.
Two hours later we were 500m from the first checkpoint of the enemy base.  One on the sentry tower. Two on the ground. Piece of cake!!! We crawled the whole way. Once there… knifes ready and in right into their lungs! Fast and silent kill. Just the way I like it!
We hid the bodies and moved on. Left one corpse in the watch tower. Leaning on is gun. With this storm no one would guess is already dead.

There wasn’t much cleaning up to do, the Spetsnaz team had already wiped several enemy turrets and bunkers on their fist incursion. All I needed to do was clear the rest and take pictures. Collect coordinates and meet with the U.T.T. With these guys on my side it would be a walk in the park.

Second check point. Deserted…

Vlad! Stan! You did this before?”

Niet!! Not us.”

Fuck! Something’s wrong here! Stay sharp!

I decided to avoid a head on incursion. I would go thru the right with Vlad and Stan thru the left. If an ambush was waiting for us, we were ready. I could hear some movement past the check point. The Russkies had done their job… poorly. The enemy was mobilizing. Stupid fuckers… We were expected. There were more enemies left alive than the Spetsnaz had made me believe…

“Heretic! There’s something out there! Near the check point.”

“Where? I see nothing!!!”

“Heat signatures… 3… Wait… 10… 26… MY GOD!!! 124 enemy soldiers up ahead!!!

The sand storm starts to calm down… Dam timing if you ask me!

Retreat!” I say. “Let’s try another way.”

Too late…

We are spotted.  One, just one fucking bastard spots us…
Machine gun fire starts coming our way. We spread and move like crazy. Returning fire like it’s the end of the world! The apocalypse!!
The Russians are fast as a demon but move predictably. Vlad takes a shoot in the left arm. Stan almost gets its head blown off.  Amateurs… Fancy suits but no brains in side….
I give the retreat order. We must fall back. We killed several enemies but the risk was too high. If any of this “super” Russians got killed… there goes my back up. For the time being, they were my secret weapon. And I was going to make the best of them, IF they just listen to me.

We had to retreat to ridge 297. Some high ground would make wonders against those fucking bastards. In the ridge, 3 BOW operatives were waiting for me. Good boys!! AndrĂ©, Tiago and Linus! I’m not alone with theses Spetsnaz fuckers anymore… Don’t get me wrong! Good fighters. But they are just not Black Ops! If it wasn’t’ for their suits, they’d been dead long ago…

I was forced to call aerial support. The storm was almost over and the skies were clear enough for the fighters to come in and bomb the shit out of these guys. I radioed the coordinates and after an OK from HQ… A call from Pariah comes throw the radio!! The Beta team had arrived. Thank God! Some REAL back up.

"BOW, what's your sitrep?"

"Engaged enemy base, have pushed back to ridge 297.  Enemy backed up by mortar support.  Have called in Aerial support, will await your arrival. Over."

"Roger that BOW, will be moving East of your position, will signal with green smoke.  Over."

"Roger that Beta.  Good hunting.  Over"
All we needed now was to hold on and wait for the Betas and, probably, the Alphas.

Pariah loves a good fight, but Fenrir… My GOD!! Is he MAD!!
I love dose guys!!!

Ok! The air strike was coming. If, and that’s a BIG IF, they get the targets we might get a real chance and take the fight back to the enemy. All we need is one or two lucky shots…
This turned out even better than I imagined. The air support came with an air strike and… magic happened!!! They took almost half of the enemy forces! It was payback time.
We reengaged the enemy! Pot after pot of paint! We charged as maniacs. Andre got shoot in the face soon after… Ugly… and Tiago takes one in the leg. Linus covered them so they go for cover. No one was going to be left behind. We were taking hits but they were dropping like flies.
Attacking the enemy head on was a bold move. But they were never expecting it. However, we were only 4 now. Against about 25 enemy grunts…  Too easy!!!

Suddenly I hear war cries and machine gun fire behind me. Paintballs fly past me and hit the enemy platoon…

I look back…

“God Dam Fucking Good to see you Fenrir!!!”

The Alphas has arrived.

Together we killed ALL of them. No survivors… No mercy. Not for them. And head for Pariah’s position. The Betas needed help.
But by the time we got there… Pariah was smoking a bloody cigar with a grin in his face.

It was over. They did their job and completed the mission.

The three leader joined and faced the battle ground.

Pariah, leading de Beta’s!

Fenrir, leading the Alphas!

And…

Myself! Heretic! Leading the deadly Black Ops!

We did what needed to be done!

We finished the job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment